Monday, July 6, 2009

The Fourth

Our Fourth of July wasn't too exciting. We spent most of the day doing our usual thing - feeding, playing on the floor, and sitting around quietly while the babies napped, enjoying the comforts of our air conditioned home. We went over to Grandma Judy and Grandpa Bill's house for dinner and Aunt Amy (Jacob's sister) and her kids, Shelby, Ashley and Cade came over as well. They just moved up here from Florida and we are so thrilled to have them close finally! Our kids sported their cute patriotic outfits that Aunt Allison (my sister) bought them.Kate: "I know I'm cute as a button and I love that everyone smiles at me and thinks I am adorable."Chase: "It's SO hot I had to drool all over my shirt to cool off and I am grouchy and ready for bed. I don't care if it is the Fourth of July."Reece: "I am just chillin' in my chair and I am ready for the light show! I love lights!"The kids all got to hold sparklers, unlit of course! They were very curious. We had to quickly take them away once we saw the mouths open and the sparklers headed for the taste test.
Daddy and Cousin Cade put on a sparkler show for the kids. It was still light out, but they enjoyed the show anyways. Cousins!! Cade, Ashley, Shelby, Reece, Chase and Kate (top left to bottom right) .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yayyy! i knew they would fit! sad I missed it but hopefully will be over soon to give them their belated baptism gifts.

love al